Veterans Connect at the Library, a California State Library initiative in partnership with the California Department of Veteran Affairs, view the CalVet website.
Located inside the library behind the main Reference desk, the center exists to help veterans in the community learn more about state and federal benefits and services available to them; to offer a means of connecting veterans to representatives and specialists for one-on-one assistance; and to provide literature, including the Veterans Resource Book and other resources both in print and online, to aid veterans' transition into civilian life.
The following resources and services are currently available in-person and online:
- A selection of takeaway resources including:
- CALVET California Veterans Resource Book
- County of San Diego Office of Military and Veterans Affairs Information Packet and Military and Veterans Resource Guide
- California Department of Veterans Affairs College Fee Waiver for Dependents Form and Instruction Sheet
- VA Federal Benefits Guide for Veterans, Dependents, and Survivors
- JobNow/VetNow information sheet for Free Live Online Assistance and Veteran Support Tools
- Veterans Connect at the Library Grab and Go bag containing a Veterans Resource Book, notebook, pen, and other goodies can be picked up at the Circulation counter during library open hours.
- Access to a free suite of tools and services for career and veteran needs through our online resource JobNow/VetNow using your library card. View the JobNow/VetNow User Guide (PDF).
- A coordinator at the County Office of Military and Veterans Affairs is available by calling 858-694-3222 to schedule a virtual one-on-one session with a Veteran Service Rep.
- For details see the VRC Flyer (PDF).
- Please call or stop by the Reference desk at the library with any questions.
Please call or stop by the Reference desk at the library with any questions.