Cards, Loans & Fees
The credit card payment system is undergoing maintenance.
We can only accept cash or checks at this time.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
To Get a Library Card:
New Library Card Requirements
View the Library Card Application (PDF).
- Adult: must be 18 years or older. Must show California driver's license or California state ID and provide one piece of mail with current address.
- Child/Teen: Must have parent or guardian present. Parents must have a library card and sign for the child.
- Military: Must have driver's license or state ID (any state) and active duty military ID. You must also provide command address.
- Military Dependent: Must have driver's license or state ID (any state) with military ID and one piece of mail with current address.
- Child/Teen Military Dependent: Must have parent or guardian present. Parent must have a library card and sign for the child.
View the Non-Resident $10 Card Application (PDF).
- Adult: Must be 18 years or older. Must show driver's license or state ID (US Only) and provide one piece of mail or documentation showing a California address.
- Child/Teen: Must have parent or guardian present. Parent must also have a library card and sign for the child. Child card also costs $10.
Multiple Home Ownership
Adults who have an out of state driver's license (ex. Arizona) but also OWN property in California may get a free library card if they provide proof of ownership such as a tax receipt, deed or any official documentation.
Replacement cards cost $1.
- Books 28 days
- New books 14 days
- CDs / Playaway 28 days
- DVD-BluRay 7 days
- Magazines 14 days
- All items will automatically renew twice, unless the item is on hold for another patron. Each renewal will be for the length of the original loan period.
Fines & Fees Summary
- Non-resident (outside of California) library card: $10 per year
- Interlibrary loans: $5
Overdue Materials Fines
- No overdue fines will be charged for items checked out after July 1, 2022.
- Patrons that have overdue fines from before July 1, 2022 will still be required to pay them.
- All accounts with overdue materials will have their borrowing privileges suspended after 60-days of being overdue.
- Patrons will be billed for each unreturned item when the item is 90 days overdue. Billing includes the full replacement cost of the item and a $12 processing fee. In addition, the patron’s account and library privileges will remain suspended until the bill is paid.
- Returned check fine: $25
- Replacement library card: $1
Lost Material Fees
- Processing fee (in addition to item replacement charge): $12
- Processing fee for magazines (in addition to replacement charge): $5
- CD or DVD case: $5
- CD or DVD liner notes: $5
Damaged Material Fees
- Processing fee for damaged materials: $5
- Barcode label replacement: $5
- RFID tag replacement: $5