Cards, Loans & Fees
To Get a Library Card:
New Library Card Requirements
View the Library Card Application (PDF).
- Adult: must be 18 years or older. Must show California driver's license or California state ID and provide one piece of mail with current address.
- Child/Teen: Must have parent or guardian present. Parents must have a library card and sign for the child.
- Military: Must have driver's license or state ID (any state) and active duty military ID. You must also provide command address.
- Military Dependent: Must have driver's license or state ID (any state) with military ID and one piece of mail with current address.
- Child/Teen Military Dependent: Must have parent or guardian present. Parent must have a library card and sign for the child.
View the Non-Resident $10 Card Application (PDF).
- Adult: Must be 18 years or older. Must show driver's license or state ID (US Only) and provide one piece of mail or documentation showing a California address.
- Child/Teen: Must have parent or guardian present. Parent must also have a library card and sign for the child. Child card also costs $10.
Multiple Home Ownership
Adults who have an out of state driver's license (ex. Arizona) but also OWN property in California may get a free library card if they provide proof of ownership such as a tax receipt, deed or any official documentation.
Replacement cards cost $1.
- Books 28 days two 28 day renewals free
- New books 14 days two 14 day renewals free
- CDs / Playaway 28 days two 14 day renewals free
- DVD-BluRay 7 days Two renewals free
- Magazines 14 days Two renewals only back issues
Renewals are not allowed on items that have been held by other patrons.
Notices of arrived holds, items due soon, and overdue can be made by phone, email or text. Instructions to receive text message notices for holds.
Fines & Fees Summary
- Non-resident (outside of California) library card: $10 per year
- Interlibrary loans: $5
Overdue Materials Fines
- Children and Teen materials: 5 cents per day
- Adult materials: 20 cents per day
- DVDs: $1 per day (maximum fine of $25)
- Returned check fine: $25
- Replacement library card: $1
Lost Material Fees
- Processing fee (in addition to item replacement charge): $12
- Processing fee for magazines (in addition to replacement charge): $5
- CD or DVD case: $5
- 4- CD or DVD liner notes: $5
Damaged Material Fees
- Material processing fee for damaged materials: $5
- Magazines: $3
- Barcode labels: $5