LINK+ (Link Plus) is a free service that allows cardholders to borrow books not available in the CPL catalog. LINK+ is a cooperative effort among many California and Nevada public and academic libraries. As a participating library, this service increases the number of titles available to Coronado library cardholders from less than 200,000 to over 22 million! CPL patrons now have a far broader choice of scholarly works, subject specialties and popular genres, available for free checkout and pickup with their library card.
How it Works
View the How-It-Work video.
- First, search the CPL catalog
- If there are no results in our catalog for the title you want i.e. "Nothing found for....", you can search for it on Link+
- If you find the title you want in the Link+ catalog, click "Request it", then select "Coronado Public Library" from the dropdown menu and click "Submit." If the title is unavailable from any of the participating Link+ libraries, you will see the message, "Sorry, no copies available for requests."
- Enter your name, library card number, and card pin#. Select "Coronado Public Library" as the pickup location from the drop-down menu, and click "Submit."
- If the item is available, you will see the message, "Your request was successful."
- The library will notify you when your item is ready for pick up, and that can be done in person at the Circulation counter or through our Curbside Service during library open hours. We will hold the item for you for 10 days.
- A LINK+ book may be renewed once for an additional 21 days as long as the item doesn't have a hold on it at the loaning library. You may renew a LINK+ book at any participating Link+ branch or through CPL's website. Materials can also be renewed by phone.
- LINK+ books cannot be renewed any sooner than 72 hours prior to the due date.
- Books that are overdue might not be eligible for renewal.
- Only books can be borrowed through LINK+, no audiovisual material (CDs or DVDs).
- Check CPL's online catalog before using LINK+. If we do not own the book, or if all our copies of the book are unavailable, you may request a copy from LINK+ if there is one with an "available" status.
- You will not be able to initiate a LINK+ request if you have a:
- Computer Usage Card
- Children's Library Card
- Blocked Library card account due to billed items or unpaid charges of more than $10
- Each LINK+ request is counted as a HOLD on your library record. You may have a total of 10 holds.
- You may borrow a total of 20 items via LINK+.
- The average waiting time for a LINK+ request is four days.
- Please do not remove the LINK+ information band from the book at any time.
- For a lost or damaged item, LINK+ has a default replacement fee of $115. LINK+ fees can be paid by cash, check or online payment.