- Get Involved
- Volunteer at the Library
Volunteer at the Library
The mission of the Coronado Public Library Volunteer Services is to augment and complement Library staff in meeting the informational, educational, and recreational needs of a highly diverse public.
Volunteers are important in providing quality service to residents in our communities. It is the goal of the Library to recruit, train, utilize, and recognize individuals who will be a part of Volunteer Services. As a Library volunteer, you will help enhance and expand the different programs offered by the Coronado Public Library. For this reason, volunteers with a variety of skills, interests, and abilities are needed to work with staff as a team devoted to enriching the lives of others. View the Adult Volunteer Application (PDF).
Community members of all ages are encouraged to get involved with the Public Library. As a volunteer, you will have the opportunity to work a flexible schedule. If you have some time to spare or a talent you wish to share please contact the Coronado Public Library Volunteer Program Office at 619-522-2475.
We have the Junior Volunteer program for those who are under 17. Please contact the Children's Reference Desk for an application or information. View the Junior Volunteer Application (PDF).
- Shelf Reading: Keep book collections in alpha/numeric order throughout the Library for easy location and retrieval. Align books on shelves for easy browsing.
- Materials Processing: Apply labels and covering new books and magazines to get them ready for check out.
- Newspaper/Magazine Arranging: File newspapers and magazines after they have been returned by the Public.
- Computer Lab: Assist the public with the computers, keep printers supplied with paper, and maintain the rules and regulations of the library in the computer lab.
- Homebound Assistance: Select books and provide book delivery to Homebound patrons.
- Audio-visual Processing and Maintenance: Clean, repair or process video and audio material.
Volunteers do not replace paid staff, but do support and extend the services of the Library, as they contribute unique talents, skills, and knowledge to the community.
You can download an Adult Volunteer Application (PDF) fill it out and either turn it in at the Adult Reference Desk, email it to Elizabeth Skelly or fax it to 619-435-4205.